Stockport Cosmos Coaches
• As a minimum at least one squad Coach will have completed or be working towards the F.A. Level 1 Award in Coaching Football, which includes modules on first aid and safeguarding children
• Are DBS/CRC checked (criminal record check)
• At least one coach per squad will have completed a recognised first aid training course
• All have a passion for football and coaching young players
• Should wear recognisable club branded training kit and have an ID badge at all training sessions and matches.
There is a lot to do as a coach. Please recognise they do this in their “spare time” and they therefore appreciate any support parents can give, such as simply helping to set up equipment at the beginning and end of sessions. Please offer any support you can to your child’s coach, and ease that workload.
The Role of Our Coaches
All of our Coaches are encouraged to:
• Put the children, their needs and their safety first at all times.
• To create a welcoming and positive environment for children to play football.
• To motivate and encourage players to be the best they can be.
• To be a good role model to players and lead by example.
• To be fair, considerate and listen to players.
• To allow players to try new skills and promote individuality.
• To celebrate success and promote co-operation, friendship and good sportsmanship.